(EuropeAid FWC Lot 10 2017/384783/1)
The overall objective of the study is to contribute to the socio-economic development of the Territory of the Wallis and Futuna Islands through the improvement of its internet accessibility via the underwater cable "Tui Samoa". The specific objectives are to identify activities that create new jobs in the IT sector and to propose an action plan for the implementation of these activities.
Results to be achieved:
- Identify areas in the tertiary sector based on Internet networks
- Develop an action plan to develop the tertiary sector based on Internet networks
The expert will produce an analysis on the potential for the development of the tertiary sector. The expert shall take into account the institutional, human, social and economic characteristics of the Territory:
- The advantages of a new service sector based on the Internet accessibility.
- Potential obstacles to the development of a new tertiary sector based on Internet.
- Factors that may differentiate Wallis and Futuna from other countries or territories of comparable size and location in terms of attractiveness to entrepreneurs and investors.
- Areas of services based on Internet access with growth potential for the Territory.
The expert will propose recommendations, including an action plan to promote the development of a new territory sector based on Internet access. The action plan will contain the following elements:
- A list of service areas based on Internet access with growth potential and new businesses that are likely to be developed.
- Specification of potential products or services, markets, profiles of project promoters, technical requirements, investments to be made and sources of financing that can be mobilized.
- A list of factors and levers important to investor who could invest in Wallis and Futuna.
- A timetable for the implementation of the action plan with distribution of responsibilities.
- Recommendations for the implementation of the proposed plan.
The expert will consolidate comments and conclusions from the workshops to the action plan:
- Fact sheets on national, regional or other sources of financing available, as well as aid and subsidy mechanisms.
- A list of the accompanying actions to be carried out by the Territory and by business support organisations, including training actions and changes in the legal and regulatory framework to be considered.
- A communication plan for project promoters and potential investors, indicating communication targets (local professionals, external investors, key messages, channels, Institutional or business partners).