- Transport and infrastructures
- Digital technologies and services
- Earth observation
- Urban development and cities
- Sustainable energy
- Nuclear safety
- Sustainable waste management
- Private sector development
- Employment creation
Was sind Rahmenverträge?
Pinto Consulting GmbH and Luvent Consulting GmbH have formed a long-term partnership to collaborate on framework projects for development consulting. Together we operate as Pinto Luvent GmbH to implement international donor-funded framework contracts (FWC). Our team consists of in-house experts renowned in their respective fields and a seasoned project management and backstopping team based in Berlin, Germany. Our experience stretches over four decades, having implemented more than 200 projects in most regions of the globe. We complement our in-house team where needed with a pool of strictly vetted associate experts, respected in the industry for their specialised skill-set and expertise.
Framework contracts are multi-year contracts in which different consortia (groups of companies) become “preferred suppliers” for TA services to the European Commission (EC) and other clients for a specific area of expertise, the so-called ‘Lots’. Pinto Consulting is currently involved with Lots 2, 4 and 6.
The procedures vary but typically each lot is serviced by several Consortia which are invited through Request for Services (RfS) to submit an offer (CVs, Statement of Exclusivity, financial offer and possibly a methodology). Each of these Consortia seeks to offer a qualified team to the EC by using their own staff, partner network or freelance consultants.
The time between the RfS and the deadline to submit an offer is usually 14 calendar days (small projects) or 30 days (large projects). Based upon an evaluation of the offers submitted by the different consortia the EC /other client decides which offer will be selected. Typically, the team needs to be mobilised at short notice.
The individual projects under the framework contracts are limited in duration and budget with a maximum duration of three years and a maximum value of up to € 1 million.
The scope of services requested under the projects relate to the project cycle: identification, feasibility, operational and technical follow-up assignments, financial and/or contractual monitoring, project evaluation, technical, financial or contractual audit of the project, technical advice and support, information and communication, or closure of a project.
Lot 2 – Infrastructure, sustainable growth and jobs
Lot 4 – Human development and safety net
- Education (formal and non-formal)
- Vocational education and training – VET
- Lifelong learning
- Social inclusion and protection
- Research & innovation
Lot 6 – Innovative financing for development
- Economic, financial, technical and legal experts on finance products and structures
- Economic, financial, technical and legal experts on financiers/risk takers
- Economic, financial, technical and legal experts on markets and financing needs/gaps
- Economic, financial, technical and legal experts on policy issues
- Economic, financial, technical and legal experts on legal, institutional and procedural issues
Pinto Consulting GmbH and Pinto Luvent GmbH cooperate and exchange data in relation to Lots 2, 4, and 6.